Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Relive the magic... bring the magic home

It turns out there's a fencing tournament in Midland the last weekend of October. No final word on if I'll be able to go, but assuming I can still register I'll be there. If I do go I'd love it if anyone in town could come watch.

I'm very out of it as far as my schedule goes. I went to the wrong room last friday, thought class was 10AM this morning instead of 11, then went to a lab I don't have this week. I'm still settling in that aspect, but aside from that, I've been getting right back into the dorm life. Today was a little busy, but I still found a little time for recreation. It'll take me a little more time to get my work ethic in place, though.

Over the summer I tried to convince people that the male:female ratio here at MTU wasn't really that bad as far as dating is concerned. I think I was really just trying to convince myself of that. The root of the problem: most girls have already had their time monopolized. I've seen my two female friends from last time for less than 5 minutes each. The only other girls I've even talked to for longer than that are the girls in my hall and one of my friend's girlfriends.

It might be a longer year than I thought...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go to it and watch you if i'm able to. Just tell me when and where.
- Jill

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home