Saturday, August 27, 2005

Rock with you...

The new music count has reached 3,500 songs and continues to rise.

The magical thing is that I've been able to listen to a large number of songs that I've been wanting to learn the bass lines for. I have 9 back-issues of Bass Player magazine with complete transcriptions of some classic bass lines and I'm going to start working my way through them. Some of these include "For the Love of Money" (The Apprentice theme song), "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" (Crosby, Stills and Nash), "Barbary Coast" (Weather Report), "I Can't Get Next to You" (Temptations), and "The Thrill is Gone" (B.B. King). If you get the chance to listen to the bass in any of these songs you'll see why I'm looking forward to learning from these masters of the low end. As well, my new band (Bandwidth) will be starting up shortly. The rest of the people who are interested are coming up today, so we can finally start organising.

Watched Undergrads with a bunch of people from the hall and other places. It feels good to teach the freshmen the tricks we've learned the hard way. We also did this at our fire at the breakers when we educated them about Ladder Theory. Sure, it's Sophomoric, but that's part of being a sophomore.

I still need to get my lab manuals, weight club pass, and some more spending cash tomorrow. Then it's the F'all Nighter, where all the student orgs (in my case, fencing) have recruiting booths. This means I get to start fencing again and hopefully will meet new people and get some new recruits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home