Saturday, August 20, 2005

"For Great Justice!"

I stumbled back across the Ladder Theory website yesterday (clean explanation / profane version). I wasn't even thinking about it at the time, working on a completely unrelated Wikipedia entry, and was reminded of Ladder Theory. THEN, not an hour later, several things happened that were applicable to LT. I almost choked on the dramatic irony.

I did some shopping and some packing today. Not much, but a little. Mostly frivolous stuff, no real appreciable progress. I guess that's what tomorrow is for, before lackey gets in town. Most of today was spent doing what I always do: troll the internet and get my game on.

But...

Yesterday night I could tell God was telling me things. Reading Proverbs, it's hard to not hear God speaking about something specific in your life, because that's exactly what the book is about. One thing was Laziness:
A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-
And poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.
Proverbs 6:10-11
Ooops, guilty as charged. I ended up waking up 2 hours before my alarm today, so that reinforces things. Then there's purity, and if a guy tells you he's completely pure, he's lying. I'm no different:
Do not lust in your heart after he beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes,
for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread, (!)
and the adultress preys upon your very life.
Proverbs 6:25-26
I guess this is more of a call to remember and keep my endurance. It's so easy to lose sight of that goal, it has to be on your mind 24/7 until it becomes so ingrained in your life that the thought of it is repulsive. It's tough, and I still stumble, but I'm glad God is faithfull to help me back up.

'Til the end, let it ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home