Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Funk, exergaming, and the Katamari...

The new song I'm learning to play is Aeroplane by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Watch the video and listen to the bass and you should quickly see why I'm learning it. I have to take it piece by small piece, since Flea never really plays the same thing twice. Lots of slides, fills, and leading notes. Add some slap and lots of stuff high on the neck and you have a winning song to learn. I'll put my mind to it for another month or two and I should have it decently under control.

My sister got a PS2 for her birthday today so I challenged her to a DDR throwdown. I did better than I remember being able to do, of course we were also playing on the easier setting. We went back and forth on a lot of the songs. She did better on the J-Pop, I did better on the funk. We now have a weekend activity before I leave for college.

Speaking of PS2, if you get the chance, play Katamari Damacy. It's a japanese game you can buy for $20 and it's hours of goofy fun. It's played with just the joysticks and you basicaly just roll stuff into a ball. The dialog is wonderfully random and the simple gameplay does wonders. Check it out, it's certainly worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...we should party at your house and play lots of DDR!!!! =) -Jill

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss DDR! One of the girls on my floor had it and we'd always have girls night with the DDR.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home