Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Float on...

I've been drifting through life now for about a week. After the Greybyrds show, I haven't done much of anything. Aside from work and a movie (Wedding Crashers) I haven't left my house aside from for a few small errands. Very little has happened that I would consider important. Basically I'm floating from inconsequential event to inconsequential event. I still need to start actually packing. I've got some of my stuff, but it's basically the stuff I never unpacked. I'm expecting this to change once I get back to MTU where there are available friends to spend time with, places to go (sauna, SDC, outside), and things to do (classes, fencing).

Maybe I'm being too optimistic about the future, or too pessimistic about the present. I guess part of it has to do with everyone being gone since I got back from vacation. I've only spent appreciable time with one person since I've been back and a short time with another friend. Everyone else has either been out of town or so busy they couldn't spare any time. Well, all that should change around Saturday evening, when Lackey gets in town. We'll hang out, pack the van, then head out early Monday. Then I won't have to worry about anything here in Midland anymore, I'll just have to worry about things in Houghton, and that seems like an attractive alternative right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home