Monday, September 05, 2005

Here we go now...

I've been relatively busy this weekend. Between fencing, movies, weightlifting, and everything else, I've been keeping busy. I found out that I've gained 5 pounds since I got here, probably because of overeating. Since things are starting back up I should get back to a healthy weight. I'm actually still 2 pounds lighter than last year, but I need less fat and more muscle, so I expect something between 130 and 135.

I've enjoyed spending time with the people in the hall. Unlike last year, we actually do things as a big group on a regular basis. As well, everyone is really willing to just hang out. It's nice to get out of the room.

Sunday I was reminded of something that God has been whispering to me for a few years now. I think I'm being called into some form of teaching ministry. I'm thinking it will be something like teaching classes or leading small groups, but I'm almost completely sure that part of what I'm being called to is seminary. I doubt I'm meant to become a pastor, but I know God wants me to spend an extended period simply studying His Word so He can use me to lead others closer to Him.

My first sign was that I have a knack for explaining things and teaching. I think the biggest call to me, though, came through Todd Harmon. I was always amazed by the connections he was able to find in God's Word. I felt something inside me say "you can do that too, just let Me teach you". I'm not sure how things are going to work, but that's not what I need to be concerned about. God will take care of things for me. My best guess, though, is that in the years after I graduate I will somehow acquire the theological training I need.

Let it ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home