Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shit happens...

"I'm having a shitty day. Tell me a joke."

So today everything about being unemployed and not doing anything kind of hit me with a wave of depression. I just don't want to do anything, partly because there's nothing for me to do. I couldn't focus on anything for more than a few minutes and I'm feeling lethargic.

So what have I done about it? Smoked my pipe and grabbed another possible place to apply for a job (traveling salesman).

Now for phrases that I hate:

"No offense"
Really means: "I really want to offend you, but don't want to have any consequences from doing so," or "I think you will be offended by this because I have a low opinion of you."

"I'm not going to say anything"
Really means: "I want to say something that will antagonize you. I will instead just antagonize you with a generic comment in an attempt to avoid the consequences," or "I can't bite my tounge, but I'll pretend I can."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Cheer up. You're most probably just going through a rough patch now. Laugh it all off. Its probably better to do that than to mope about. =)
Cheers.
(By the way, if you did visit my blog, you may not understand what write there. However, there's no harm in viewing the photos.)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home