Thursday, December 08, 2005

Jesus-mas and Jesus-day

If any of you listen to the hot topics in news, the typical December gripe is back:
Pagans don't want anything to do with Christmas and christians don't like to see their holiday taken over.

So let's solve the problem right now: call it Jesus-mas, and don't let the pagans celebrate. They'll get their wish, but they don't get the day off , presents, or anything else. Sure the pagans will tell you most Christmas traditions come from Yule, a Norse holiday. Fine, you celebrate Yule, and we'll take our Christmas. But who do you think will get days off from work? If you don't like it, deal with it.

Even more important to me, though, is Easter.

It's not about a bunny.

I propose we rename it Jesus-day, and only Chrsitians can get candy and eat hard-boiled eggs. What's the point in celebrating Easter if Jesus isn't your Lord and Savior? What's the point in Celebrating Independence Day if you're British? Any non-christian caught performing these religious rituals should be chastised for being insensitive and offensive; just like it's offensive to wear a rasta cap during Kwanza if you're white, it should be offensive to hard-boil eggs around Easter if you are a pagan. If all goes according to plan, I will make a shirt with an easter bunny being crucified, and the caption "It's not about a bunny". Maybe that will get the point accross, but enough is really enough.

I don't appreciate my Lord's death being ignored by those whom he came to save, and I hate his resurrection being celebrated by those who deny his existence.

On to current events:
My hall got challenged for our hall cup (a yearly competition) in Halo 2 for this weekend. This is ironic, because it was our safety competition: if anyone beat us, we'd beat them in Halo 2. We have 4 of the best players on campus, and another 4 to make a good 8-man team.

Next week I have a sparese 3 exams, all of which should be pretty simple. Just like that, I'm done.

Also starting next week Solo, KWay, and I will be using negative reinforcement to stop swearing. Any time one of us swears, we hit them. KWay's a big guy, I think I'll become master of my tounge real quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home