Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Final Countdown...

First of all, let me get this off my chest:
I HATE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET AND THERE IS NO WORD, EXPRESSION, OR PHRASE THAT CAN DESCRIBE MY VAST LOATHING FOR THE STUPIDITY AND ARROGANCE I WITNESS BECAUSE OF THE VAST AND ANNONYMOUS INTERTRON.

Ok, that felt good.

What brought that on was people's thoughts on Narnia and the new movie, including:
Christians thinking Narnia is Satanic because Aslan is like Jesus, or because little kids wander around in the woods.
Secular humanists thinking Narnia couldn't possibly have been written as a Christian allegory, since all media and culture can only be based on secular humanism.
People not reading the books and then acting like they know the movie.
People not having a clue who C.S. Lewis was.

Anyways, I found a letter where C.S. Lewis explicitely states that Aslan is Jesus, and the whole series is about Jesus. Take that, stupid secular humanists.

We defended our residence hall cup (a semester-long competition) after another hall challenged us to Halo 2.

That was a huge mistake on their part.

We won the first game 250-89. We then won capture the flag 4-0. They said they didn't feel like continuing after we got the first cap. We almost felt bad about the whole thing. It was like a crippled kid picked a fight with us and we just stomped his face on the curb.

There was also a big snowball fight between the residence halls. Pretty fun. There are plans to break the world records for largest snowball and snowball fight this year at winter carnival. I think we can do it, as long as we can get enough people to care.

Less than a week until break, and it will feel good to be back home. I have no idea what my work situation will be, since I need to renew my lifeguard certification, which expires friday.Then I need to seriously think about a summer job. I really want a thinking job, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. More importantly, I need a job that makes money. I'm just afraid of being TOO qualified for jobs. It's more of a concern after graduation, but I can guarantee I'd get turned down at McDonalds. Why? Because I doubt McDonalds would feel right about giving a minimum wage job that any high-school dropout can do to a engineering sophomore with co-op experience who is on the dean's list and is also and eagle scout.

Ok, sleep sounds like a viable option, since last night was pretty restless and I haven't been thinking right (forgetting things, using the wrong words, etc) since thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home