Saturday, October 01, 2005

The world lives for the weekend...

Well, another weekend, but I actually have work this time. First, I need to do some hardcore studying for German. My vocabulary has atrophied and I need to get it back. Monday I have an exam and wednesday I have to turn in a 2-3 page paper, all in german. I also have exams in Digital Logic and Digital Signal Processing next week.

Of course, that didn't stop me from having a little fun. Last night we just played around the dorms, went to eat at the Library (big mistake, it took 2 hours), got some late-night food, then watched the first season of Futurama. Now it's tailgating (they force us there by not serving food in the dorms), football, fencing, and all the other things I need to do.

I think I've found the reason MTU seems like such a hostile dating environment. More like an explanation than anything else.

The ratio of men to woman is only the beginning of the problem. The real problem is with the ratio within the guys here. The guys can be divided into three groups: The guys who already have girlfriends, the guys who are assholes, and the average single guy. I'm in the last group, of course. This second ratio only compounds the last problem. Not only do the single guys have to compete with each other for a girl's attention, we have to compete with all the assholes and guys with girlfriends who have nothing to lose. And it's not even like it's 1:1 competition. Especially with the assholes, they hang out with lots of girls all the time, completely monopolizing them.

Sorry for the woe-is-me attitude, but I think that's pretty much the deal here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home