Sunday, January 22, 2006

Now is the winter...

It's been a very mild winter this year, which is quite unfortunate. It's been above freezing most days. So to all of you who think Houghton is a frozen tundra, think again. What we really want, though, is some heavy snow. Two months straight would be acceptable. We're still waiting for another winter where the snow covers the first 2 stories of the dorms and the sidewalks become tunnels.

We lost our first two broomball games, and the same way, too. 3-2 in overtime, which is just depressing. It also seems that we don't have any of the luck, which just goes to show it's better to be lucky than good.

I'm finally down in the weight room on a pretty regular basis. I have two pretty abstract goals: to feel and look in shape, and to be able to carry weight long distances. I figure if I keep going I'll be right about there at the end of the year. I also have Solo to compete with, so that's pushing me on. I'm trying to keep stronger in legs and curls, and him in everything else, so we should both come out of this pretty well off.

Also, since we're keeping our apartment over the summer, I might come up for a weekend or two for a vacation. Anyone else want to come?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home