Wednesday, November 02, 2005

In review...

The results of my fencing tournament are up. I finished 21st out of 44 in mixed foil (better than the median, but my DE performance left a lot to be desired) and 8th out of 12 in Epee (I really should have done better in pools). All together, I was happy with what I did well and know what I need to do to improve, which makes me even happier. Most importantly, There are talks of another tournament in Midland in the Spring, since this one was so successful, so look to me showing up there. Now I get to look forward to destroying NMU in out tournament in 2 weekends.

I wish I had a PS2. The problem with console wars is that some games only come out for one system. The most notable games I want to play right now are Katamari Damaci and We <3 href="http://www.guitarherogame.com/index.asp">Guitar Hero. Think DDR, just with a guitar and rock songs. It's as close to playing guitar without actually playing guitar. And it looks like a load of fun.

Jack Thompson keeps going lower and lower:
Oh, and certain regional governments in Japan have banned the sale of the Grand Theft Auto games to minors, but Japan's Sony has no problem whatsoever dumping this garbage into American kids' brains. Looks like Pearl Harbor 2 by Sony/Take-Two...
So now, video games aren't just the cause of violence in America, they're also a conspired attack by the Japanese on the scale of Pearl Harbor. Jack's currently prosecuting against Sony, WalMart, GameStop, Take Two, Rockstar, and Devin Moore in the civil trial concerning the so-called "GTA killer" shooting (please read this link so you understand the story). I wouldn't give Jack so much attention if people didn't take him so seriously. People need to realize that the roads in Hell are paved with good intentions, and Jack might just be walking them.

I still need ideas on how to get my hair cut. I want short, but not too short; not quite a buzz cut, but no more than 1.5". Any examples you guys can find would be appreciated.

I'm finally starting to appreciate the blessings of being single. It gives me more time to spend with the friends already have and fewer things to worry about. Also it gives me time to become a better man, so when it comes time, I can put that knowledge into practice. The only thing I can ask is that when I do meet Mrs. Right I realize it and do things right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zardeenah said...

I hear ya. I have under a month and a half here, and then I will be in Spain for 5 months. I feel like I barely have time to say goodbye to my friends, but I also need to keep myself sane! I feel like if I'm dating someone, I'd be ditchng all my friends that I'm not gonna see for another year.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home